Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Migrating from ExtJs 3.0.0 to 3.1.0

Hi again,
Today I migrated a front-end of our web application from ExtJs 3.0.0 to 3.1.0.  ExtJs team fixed lot of bugs, added some memory improvements and few new things (you can find them all at http://www.extjs.com/products/extjs/CHANGES_ext-3.1.0.html). By the way, great job ExtJs team, it is a pleasure to work with the library.
The application worked perfectly well with 3.0.0 but because of the above reasons we decided to upgrade.
Anyway all went quite smooth however I came across few small issues:
1. On one form I have two GridPanels both having own toolbars. After I run the program with 3.1.0 all buttons (including the ones that supposed to be on a bottom toolbar) appeared  on the top toolbar.
In 3.0.0 toolbar buttons had an internal id property, DOM id property was generated by the framework, it looks like this has been changed, my buttons had ids: 'edit', 'add', 'delete'  in both situations. Giving them unique ids solved the issue.

2. TabPanel resize event seems to be called in a different moment. In some situations I create widgets and then set their size in resize of the parent TabPanel.

resize : ( Ext.Component thisNumber adjWidthNumber adjHeightNumber rawWidthNumber rawHeight 

It appeared that adjWidth parameter was unassigned. Using panel.getInnerWidth() solved the problem.


 I am not sure if this is my imagination or a fact, but the front-end seems to work faster with 3.1.0

No comments:

Post a Comment